Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Crescent Moon

I have been infatuated with the word 'moon' since a year ago, after watching one of my most favorite animes of all time, Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Although it dealt with vampires, it wasn't really violent, and much thought was given to the creation of images and the emotions that it invoked. The most thought-provoking image, however, was of the moon.

The moon was lonely in its solitude, yearning for some foggy image of happiness.

It was unnerving: until now I could never forget that image, that white sphere of lost hope.

Recently, I read The Crescent Moon of Rabindranath Tagore, winner of the 1913 Nobel Prize of Literature. Perhaps it was my inspiration to create this blog, or perhaps it was that moon of long ago that exposed itself once more, evanescent, only to etch itself in my brain forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home